Monday, January 26, 2009

Lorie's GF Oriental Chicken
6 boneless, skinless breast halves
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup lemon lime soda
2/3 cup white wine or chicken stock
3 cloves smashed & chopped garlic (I use the garlic in a jar for ease)
2 T soy sauce (La Choy is GF)
1 tsp ground black pepper
Plop chicken into your crockpot. Cover with brown sugar, pepper, chopped garlic and soy sauce. Add the wine, and pour in the soda (it will bubble). Cover and cook on low for 6-9 hours, or on high for 4-5. The chicken is done when it is cooked through and has reached desired consistency. The longer you cook it, the more tender it will be. Serve over a bowl of white rice with a ladle full of broth. Note: Lori doubles the sauce recipe so there's enough to spoon over the rice. She also likes to add crushed pineapple to the top of it.

It's a bit sweet for my taste, but my family likes it. DD1 (Dear Daughter 1) even ate some of the chicken. She dislikes most meat. DD2 and Sweet Son loved it, as did the Hubby.


Peanut Butter Cookies
(I came straight home and made these for my son after he was diagnosed. I've made them since I was a little , and they were the one thing I could think of! I wanted him to know he would still be able to eat good things.)

2 cups peanut butter
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs, beaten

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheet.
2. Combine peanut butter, eggs, and sugar and mix until smooth. Mix in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Spoon dough by tablespoons onto a cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheets for 5 to 10 minutes before removing.

No comments:

Post a Comment