Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Gimpy. . .but Grateful

Since my youngest two started high school this year. . .



I have been meeting myself coming. . .



And going. . .


And having a great time--though I'm a bit gimpy along the way.

And that’s why I’m grateful. I’m grateful that I’ve been able to do it. On the day above, I had to put Lidoderm patches on the soles of my feet to be able to walk the course and take this picture. But I was there! A friend of mine, with an amazing camera and photography skills, took the picture of my daughter and her percussion friends. My skills are not so amazing--but I was there.

My husband had to be out of town for nearly two weeks, but with the help of friends and two good-natured kids, everyone ended up where they were supposed to be, everyone competed and ate and got to bed at night and to school the next morning.

And I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment