I don't seem to come back to this blog very often, but it's not because I don't think about it. I seem to mostly just think about it, though. And hardly ever write. Tonight I was thinking about some of the reasons for that and decided to put them in the blog, should anyone ever stumble across and wonder.
- I don't like the way this looks and don't know how to make it look any better. I get frustrated every time I try, so I just don't come back to it.
- I am a super-perfectionist. A simple/short entry can take me a couple of hours of editing (hello, my name is Sherry. I am a grateful believer in Jesus, and I am a perfectionist--not recovered, and an English major--no recovery possible.) No typos. And no improper construction. And I like to revise. And it should be well-written, even if it is about gluten.
- Does anyone even read this? Am I writing for an audience? I don't think so. Do I care? I don't know.
- Why do people blog anyway? I enjoy reading other people's blogs, but only if they are well-written. I can't tolerate typos in other people's stuff either.
- On the other hand, it can get a little boring around here--being a bit house-bound so much of the time. Writing a blog seems like a good idea, but I also feel like I'm wasting my time. Who cares, really, what my family eats or what medicine I take for my arthritis or how cute my kids are? (They really are cute, and smart, but my husband goes a little overboard in sharing them with the world.)
And next up, when I do return. . .our gluten free vacation!